ActewAGL is partly owned by AGL, and operates in ACT and NSW. The company has just over 170,000 electricity customers, and also supplies gas. ActewAGL was established in 2000, and its head office is in Canberra.
ActewAGL supplies electricity – including solar – to almost 2% of Australia's electricity consumer base. The company is owned in partnership by AGL and Icon Retail Investments, making it partly Australian owned. ActewAGL supplies electricity and gas generated by AGL's assets. Neither the organisation nor its product are carbon neutral.
Contact details for ActewAGL
13 14 93
Environment (based on AGL, parent company and energy generator)
- AGL currently has extensive current investments in CSG and coal power stations, with emissions intensity above NEM average.
- AGL was penalised by EPA NSW for pollution.
- It offers carbon offsets (other than GreenPower).
- AGL has comprehensive and accessible energy efficiency products and involvement in demand management/response programs.
- 1107 (0.6%) of ActewAGL's customers made complaints against the company in 2018/19, according to the Australian Energy Regulator's data.
- Only 42% of customer service calls made to ActewAGL in 2017/18 were answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time for a call was much longer, at 215 seconds.
- 18% of calls made to the company's customer service were abandoned before being answered.
The table below shows ActewAGL's highest and lowest average prices, compared with the average highest and lowest prices from competitors in the the same area.