How to care for your stick vacuum cleaner
A neglected stick vacuum cleaner will rapidly become less effective, making your home harder to clean.
Generally, stick vacs follow the same cleaning routine as barrels and uprights. But there are two major differences – you need to put your stick vac back on to charge after use, and the smaller capacity canister may require emptying more frequently.
Read on to find out how to look after your stick vacuum cleaner.
- Empty the dust canister.
- Clean hair and fluff off any brush rollers.
- Put cordless models back on to charge.
- Clean any washable filters.
- Wipe down exterior surfaces with a soft damp cloth.
- Replace filters.
- Replace any frayed hoses and worn accessories.
- If your stick vac's running time is dropping dramatically, consider replacing the battery.
More about vacuum cleaners