CHOICE has been a friend and advocate to Australians for more than 60 years.
From helping with household decisions, to holding companies accountable, we're always fighting to make things better and fairer for all consumers.
A gift or bequest is a powerful way you can help us remain independent, nonprofit and ad-free for generations to come.
Find out more
If you'd like to discuss how to make a gift to CHOICE, or have further questions about donations, please get in touch with us on 1800 069 552, or fill out our online form and we'll contact you.
What you make possible when you donate to CHOICE
Safer products, tested by experts
We run the only nonprofit labs in Australia dedicated to consumer testing.Thousands of Australians rely on CHOICE testing to cut through marketing spin and choose safe and fair products.
Your support will:
- Fund world-leading experts to independently test the products we all rely on
- Expose and publicise products that put people at risk: like our work testing safety testing cots, bassinets and incline sleepers to keep young children safe
- Expand and improve our world-renowned NATA-accredited laboratories, so we can test more products each year
Independent journalism with impact
Our journalists are your watchdogs. We use our skills to dig deep into unfair, unlawful and unethical business practices to expose poor behaviour and bring about change.
This year alone we've
- Investigated examples of Telstra overselling to Australian seniors
- Continued to shine a light on the timeshare industry, exposing more examples of terms that keep members trapped in these dodgy schemes
- Revealed shameful delays in implementing the Banking Royal Commission recommendations
Advocacy for everyone: we fight for you
For over 60 years, we've worked together to level the playing field between consumers and big business. Thanks to you, we've won some of the strongest consumer protections in the world, including:
- The Australian Consumer Law – landmark legislation which guarantees your rights as a consumer
- Fair financial advice rules, so financial advisors act in your best interests
- Better labelling across dozens of products - from free-range eggs to water standards in home appliances
How to leave a gift to CHOICE in your will
CHOICE is funded by thousands of members and donors and we rely on your support to continue our independent consumer advocacy. When you make a gift to CHOICE in your will, you help to continue this work for decades to come.
If you're considering making a gift to CHOICE, or would like more information, please get in touch. You can call us on 1800 069 552 to arrange a conversation over the phone, Zoom or in-person meeting in our Sydney labs. Alternatively, fill out our online form and we'll contact you.