Want to make the right choice when you're out and about? The CHOICE Recommended scheme makes shopping easier.
CHOICE allows manufacturers to use the CHOICE Recommended logo on a range of products, so you can make the right choice in a flash. Of course we don't just give this recommendation to just anyone – the program is subject to licence conditions and can only be used by companies with a product that has met CHOICE's strict testing standards for performance and excellence.
How it works
- CHOICE has always been in the business of testing products so we can help you buy the best.
- Manufacturers and businesses can now apply for a non-exclusive license to use a CHOICE Recommended logo if their model appears in a CHOICE What to Buy list in CHOICE magazine or online.
- Licenses are valid for six or 12 months depending on the cycle of CHOICE testing.
- The CHOICE Recommended logo can be used for marketing only the models that are recommended by CHOICE.
- There is a tiered license fee structure based on the length of the license and the number of a manufacturers' models recommended
- Fees are used for administration and investment into further CHOICE testing and research.
- The logo carries the date of the CHOICE recommendation (month/year).
- Any model recommended in the CHOICE What to Buy list for products that have been through our rigorous, defensible schedule of testing based on Australian or International Standards or developed by CHOICE experts, is eligible to apply for a licence.
CHOICE buys all the products we test anonymously. The CHOICE Recommended scheme is a by-product of our testing and does not determine what products we test. Funds from license fees cover administration, policing of abuse and staffing. Any surplus funds are re-invested into the CHOICE testing program. The fee structure is dependent on the length of the license, the number of products licensed by the same manufacturer and the nature of its use.
For more information on fees contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or to apply contact email@example.com or phone (02) 9577 3378.