1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
500 mls chicken stock
250 mls water
3/4 large cauliflower, cut into florets
Salt and pepper to taste.
2 tablespoon lite sour cream
- In a large saucepan on a medium temperture heat olive oil and fry onion, garlic and caraway seeds cook for 3 mins or until softened.
- Stir in paprika and cook for 1 min.
- Add stock, water, cauliflower and season.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook with lid on until the cauliflower is tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Puree soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve with crunchy fried bacon croutons and chopped chives, or turkey meatballs (see recipe)