01.Moroccan Cauliflower and Potatoes
2 tablesppons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, sliced thinly
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon coriander, ground
1 bunch coriander roots, finely chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric, freshly grated or ½ tsp turmeric, ground
1 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 medium potatoes skin on, cut into ¼ ‘s
½ cauliflower, cut into large flowerets
1 cup chicken or vegetable
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch coriander leaves, roughly chopped
1 red chilli, seeded optional
1 tablespoon butter, extra
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan on a medium temperature.
- Add onion, garlic, coriander, coriander roots, and turmeric, cumin and mustard seeds.
- Cook until onions are soft.
- Add potatoes and stock bring to the boil then reduce heat to a medium temperature simmer covered until potatoes are just tender approximately 15 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook covered a further 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan lid and increase heat slightly, add salt and pepper, coriander leaves, chilli extra butter.
- Cook a further 5 - 10 mins until liquid has reduced.
- Serve with fish, meat or chicken a great accompaniment to any meat.
- Extra chilli can be added if you like it hot