1 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons paprika
750 g veal diced
1x 440g can diced tomatoes
½ cup water
1 cup tomato passata
1 green capsicum, diced
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large saucepan heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic. Soften onions by placing the lid on the saucepan and reducing the heat to low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add paprika, mix well.
- Add veal, tomatoes, water, and tomato passata.
- Cook for 1 hour on a low heat with the lid on.
- Remove the saucepan lid, add capsicum and cook a further 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender with the lid off.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sour cream when serving.
Serve with fettucine, risoni pasta or rice.
Can be made in a slow cooker, eliminate the ½ cup water cook on high for 4 hours. Add sour cream just before serving.