01.Potato and tomato salad
500g wax potatoes, unpeeled, washed and cooked till tender, chop roughly
½ punnet of cherry tomatoes
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon dill, chopped
Juice of ½ a lemon
¼ cup egg mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
- Add more of any of the ingredients to your liking.
- "Waxy" potatoes are also referred to as boiling, or new potatoes, they have less starch and high moisture content. Best used in salads, stews, soups, as they retain there shape. There thin delicate skin saves time as peeling is not necessary. Best not used for mash potato as they can make the mash gluey.
- Kipfler potatoes, Dutch creams, Nicola potatoes are waxy varieties.
- To prepare the potatoes wash under cold water and gently scrub the skin with a clean non-scratch scourer.