We review 27 blenders, priced from $20 to $379.
Through our rigorous testing we reveal which blenders:
On this page:
Blenders are versatile and are worth your while if you're into making cold iced drinks, smoothies and soups.
There are a few things to consider:
- Make sure the jug sits stable on the main unit
- Consider the weight of the jug - it can get quite heavy when full. If you're struggling to lift the jug when it's empty or find the grip to be awkward then keep looking.
- When it comes to cleaning, one with removable blades will help clean around the bottom of the jug. A handy tip is to put a bit of warm, soapy water into your jug and to turn on the blender for a few seconds. This will help remove mixtures off the sides and bottom of the blender, however some cleaning in your kitchen sink will still be required.
For more information about benchtop appliances, see Kitchen.
Brands and models tested
- Abode Glass Blender XJ-10402 (A)
- Bodum Bistro Blender 11303
- Breville ikon 550 blender BBL550
- Breville Power Blender BLR50
- Breville the Kinetix Aero BBL420 #
- Breville the Kinetix Control BBL605
- Breville the Light and Mighty BBL100
- Breville the Power Blender BBL300 #
- Cuisinart SPB-600MRA
- Cuisinart SSB-1A Hot and Cold Blender
- Kambrook Essentials 500W Blender KBL70
- Kambrook Power Drive Blender KBL110
- Kenwood Blender BL760 #
- Kenwood Compact Glass Blender BL680
- Kenwood kMix Blender BLX51
- Kenwood True Blender BL460
- KitchenAid Artisan KSB560 Blender
- KitchenAid Platinum KSB650 Blender
- Magimix Le Blender Matt Chrome with Mill 7MM11615
- Russell Hobbs Classic Blender RHBL1 #
- Russell Hobbs Kitchen Metallics Blender RHBL3000B
- Sunbeam Café Series Blender PB9800 #
- Sunbeam MultiBlender Electronic PB7950
- Sunbeam MultiBlender Platinum PB7650 #
- Sunbeam MultiBlender Pro PB7620
- Sunbeam MultiBlender Pro PB7600 (A)
- Tefal Mastermix Blender BL800GAU (A)
# Newly tested models.
How we test
The following tests are weighted equally to determine the performance score:
Ease of use
- Blending Fiona Mair, home economist from CHOICE's test kitchen blends potato and leek soup to assess the blenders ability to produce a uniform homogeneous puree with no lumps of potato or leek.
- Chopping She chops carrot, a hard food, so as to assess the blenders ability to chop this type of food evenly.
- Crushing She crushes ice which is hard and slippery so as to assess the blenders ability to crush and produce fine crystals.
Fiona assesses how stable the jug is on the unit as well as how heavy it is to lift. She also assesses how easy the controls are to use and how easy the blender is to clean.