Oil for shallow frying
300g Cuttle fish, cleaned & cut into 2cm wide strips
¼ cup plain flour, seasoned with salt & pepper.
Salt and pepper
• Place enough oil into a large fry pan to cover the base with 1 cm of oil.
• Heat on high until oil is very hot - just starting to smoke.
• Place seasoned flour into a plastic bag.
• Add cuttle fish and coat with seasoned flour by shaking the bag.
• Remove cuttle fish and shake off excess flour.
• Place cuttle fish chips into the frypan and cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook a further 2 minutes.
• Drain on absorbent paper, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
• Should be crispy and slightly chewy
• Cuttle fish should not have a strong smell it should smell sea fresh
• Great way of introducing children to seafood