01.Factory Fast (Portela Group) bunkbed recall
Bunk bed with upper bunk and work station underneath - desk, chair and filing area
What are the hazards?
Possible entrapment in the frame of the desk unit.
What are the defects?
- Product does not meet the mandatory safety standard.
- 1. There is a gap in the mesh panel behind the desk that is greater than 95mm but smaller than 230mm.
- 2. There are gaps on the right and left side frames that are greater than 400mm but which have a reducing configuration that prevents the removal of a 230mm diameter probe.
- 3. Products do not have a sticker stating the country of origin of the product or the Australian distributor's name and address.
- 4. Some models have the sticker stating the maximum height of the upper mattress in the wrong place.
Dates available for sale
15th February 2010 - 17th August 2011
Where the product was sold
Nationally through Factory Fast
Portela Group Pty Ltd t/a Factory Fast
What should consumers do?
All consumers who purchased the product will be individually contacted and offered a full refund, repair kit, or a replacement product that complies with the mandatory standard. For further information please call 02 8405 7985.
Information sourced from Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC)
Product safety recalls