On this page you'll find information about:
Why should you join our team?
Start working for the consumer. Work for CHOICE.
- An ethical workplace
- A rewarding mission
- Fair salaries and conditions
- Community focused
CHOICE is the number one advocate of consumer rights in Australia. We exist to unlock the power of consumers and our vision is for Australians to be the most savvy and active consumers in the world.
Our members receive independent and expert advice on the products and services they encounter ever day, while the community at large benefits from vocal and active campaigns that champion consumer rights.
Employment with CHOICE means more than working for Australia's leading consumer champion; working for CHOICE means improving people's lives every day. Along with working for a great cause, CHOICE offers staff a comprehensive benefits program:
Our organisational structure
CHOICE’s organisational structure comprises six key departments:
- Campaigns & Communications
- Marketing & Member Services
- Finance & Commercial
- Content & Delivery
- People & Culture
Each of these areas is represented within CHOICE’s senior management team, which is comprised of the CEO and senior managers.
Our leaders are responsible for delivering our strategic objectives, championing change, sharing best practice and role-modelling our organisational values.
Our organisational chart demonstrates the breadth of roles available and potential career paths.
Our organisational values reflect the behaviours and attitudes we expect our staff to live by at CHOICE.
The organisational values are set out below.
Working for CHOICE
CHOICE is seeking talented, motivated and ethical individuals who are interested in making a positive difference for the community by putting the interests of consumers first. If you feel you’ve got what it takes and want to join our friendly, stimulating and rewarding workplace in Marrickville, browse the current vacancies listed below.
How to Apply
For a current vacancy: send your application to Lee Boztepe, People & Culture (email@example.com - if you are unable to activate by clicking on the link, copy and paste the address into your email) quoting the Job Title in the subject line. Your application should include your resume and a cover letter providing full details of your work experience, your skills, salary expectation and why you are the best person for the job.
For future vacancies or work experience: send your résumé and a cover letter outlining your area(s) of interest/specialty, your previous work experience, and why you'd like to join us at CHOICE to Lee Boztepe, People & Culture (firstname.lastname@example.org - if you are unable to activate by clicking on the link, copy and paste the address into your email). We'll be in touch should a suitable vacancy arise.
Stay connected with CHOICE on social media where we also promote our vacancies.
Policy Advisor & Project Lead
This position is full-time over a four-year, fixed term contract.
This role will coordinate CHOICE’s new Consumer Travel Hub project, delivering a mix of advocacy, research and information to significantly advance the interests of Australian consumers in the travel market.
You will be a highly motivated individual with policy and project management experience, flexibility, and a passion for creating real change for Australian consumers. You will combine consumer policy and advocacy with coordinating the cross-functional Consumer Travel Hub Project team, with the aims of:
Ensuring there is a strong consumer voice in the Australian travel market, identifying emerging consumer issues and advocating with regulators, industry and government for solutions.
- Publishing and promoting independent advice for Australian travellers on their consumer rights and protections.
- Providing unbiased reviews and how-to guides for navigating consumer travel products and services, including travel insurance.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in policy and project management in government, the non-government or private sector.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in public policy, economics, communications, commerce, law or a related field.
- Experience in consumer policy and advocacy is desirable but not essential.
For more information view the job description.
If you meet the role criteria and are keen to join the CHOICE team please apply to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday 6th February 2015
Customer Services Supervisor
The position is permanent full-time.
Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, the Customer Services Supervisor role has the responsibility of effectively servicing our customers, managing the training program which identifies, develops and facilitates training needs within the Customer Services team, and working with other departments within the organisation to identify opportunities to attract and retain customers and enhance service experience. This role acts as the 2IC to the Customer Services Manager.
Your main responsibilities:
- Being a first point of escalation regarding customer or member enquiries and overseeing the Customer Service team in the Manager's absence.
- Work with the Customer Services Manager to identify team and individual training gaps and facilitate team and individual learning needs.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date current training material, templates and scripting.
- Work with the Customer Services Manager and other departments to develop and execute strategies to enhance customer experience and increase the bottom line.
- Ensure information regarding promotional activity, campaigns, processes and system upgrades is effectively communicated within the team.
- Assist both members and non-members via telephone, email, online, mail and fax.
- Facilitate one-on-one sessions and team meetings with the Customer Service team.
- Facilitate outbound call campaigns.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum of three years' customer service experience, ideally in a sales and service driven environment; ideally with a minimum of two years in a supervisory role.
- Strong sales and retention background.
- Experience in responding to customer needs across a variety of mediums including online.
- Training and development experience highly regarded, along with experience in coaching on customer and sales.
- Prior experience of working in a digital environment is highly regarded.
- Computer-literate with experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with CRM systems such as Netsuite or similar.
- Familiarity with finance industry. ACCC, Fair Trading and associated regulatory bodies highly regarded but not essential.
For more information view the job description. All applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday, 30 January 2015.