On this page you'll find information about:
Why should you join our team?
Start working for the consumer. Work for CHOICE.
- An ethical workplace
- A rewarding mission
- Fair salaries and conditions
- Community focused
CHOICE is the number one advocate of consumer rights in Australia. We exist to unlock the power of consumers and our vision is for Australians to be the most savvy and active consumers in the world.
Our members receive independent and expert advice on the products and services they encounter ever day, while the community at large benefits from vocal and active campaigns that champion consumer rights.
Employment with CHOICE means more than working for Australia's leading consumer champion; working for CHOICE means improving people's lives every day. Along with working for a great cause, CHOICE offers staff a comprehensive benefits program:
Our organisational structure
CHOICE’s organisational structure comprises six key departments:
- Campaigns & Communications
- Marketing & Member Services
- Finance & Commercial
- Content & Delivery
- People & Culture
Each of these areas is represented within CHOICE’s senior management team, which is comprised of the CEO and senior managers.
Our leaders are responsible for delivering our strategic objectives, championing change, sharing best practice and role-modelling our organisational values.
Our organisational chart demonstrates the breadth of roles available and potential career paths.
Our organisational values reflect the behaviours and attitudes we expect our staff to live by at CHOICE.
The organisational values are set out below.
Working for CHOICE
CHOICE is seeking talented, motivated and ethical individuals who are interested in making a positive difference for the community by putting the interests of consumers first. If you feel you’ve got what it takes and want to join our friendly, stimulating and rewarding workplace in Marrickville, browse the current vacancies listed below.
How to Apply
For a current vacancy: send your application to Lee Boztepe, People & Culture (email@example.com - if you are unable to activate by clicking on the link, copy and paste the address into your email) quoting the Job Title in the subject line. Your application should include your resume and a cover letter providing full details of your work experience, your skills, salary expectation and why you are the best person for the job.
For future vacancies or work experience: send your résumé and a cover letter outlining your area(s) of interest/specialty, your previous work experience, and why you'd like to join us at CHOICE to Lee Boztepe, People & Culture (firstname.lastname@example.org - if you are unable to activate by clicking on the link, copy and paste the address into your email). We'll be in touch should a suitable vacancy arise.
Stay connected with CHOICE on social media where we also promote our vacancies.
Digital Marketing Acquisition Manager
This is a key role that reports into the Head of Marketing and is part of a dedicated team in the Marketing, Member Services and Consumer Insights division of CHOICE. This role is responsible for developing and implementing online and digital marketing initiatives designed to drive acquisition. Key focus areas in this role include optimising new and existing digital channels, improving conversion, driving website traffic, managing eDM campaigns and implementing new digital marketing initiatives.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop and execute the online marketing plan.
- Work with partners to optimise existing digital channels and develop new channels to reach, engage and acquire new prospects and members.
- Manage and execute the lead generation and acquisition strategy – including creation, delivery and analysis of triggered and segmented eDMs.
- Project management of online and offline brand and asset production, including associated marketing collateral.
- Identify and initiate new acquisition opportunities with partnerships, affiliates and agency delivery.
- Test and learn to make recommendations for improvement.
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous 5+ years experience in a digital acquisition role – preferably with a membership based organisation.
- Demonstrated skills in direct marketing and executing online marketing plans
- Proven experience in delivering online sales and results
- Proven experience with Display advertising, Re-targeting, SEM, SEO, A/B testing and Analytics.
- Expertise in email marketing
- Experience client side or agency with proven ability to manage people and projects.
- Good communicator, robust engagement skills.
- Results driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Ideally hold a Marketing or Communications Degree
For more information in regards to the role please feel free to review the job description .
CLOSING DATE: 5pm 29th August 2014
Digital Designer - 6 month Full Time Contract
CHOICE are looking for an experienced digital designer to be part of our digital business transformation. As part of our digital transformation you will be responsible for ensuring design consistency and adherence to our online styleguide and Brand guidelines across all digital channels. Working with a cross-functional digital team you will be involved in designing new content and functionality with a user-centric focus.
You are passionate about digital design and have strong communication skills that enable you to take a brief, question it and present back a safe solution and a solution that pushes the boundaries.
Ideally you have previously worked in a cross-functional team environment delivering digital solutions in a fast-changing environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- All aspects of web design within the Digital Innovation team,
- A focus around re-skinning of content and functionality for our new website following and interpreting an established styleguide,
- Sourcing stock imagery that fits the styleguide,
- Overseeing and assisting other departments with the online brand by establishing guidelines and reviewing any 3rd party design work, and
- Ensuring design best practice with a user-centric focus and keeping abreast of emerging digital design trends.
The successful applicant will have:
- A sharp eye for detail and understanding of industry best-practice web design,
- A high proficiency in Adobe CS (Photoshop and Illustrator),
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to handle multiple assignments/tasks while meeting deadlines,
- An ability to manage competing deadlines and respond effectively to change requirements,
- Good communication skills,
- Good knowledge of usability and accessibility issues,
- Experience in designing for responsive websites,
- An understanding of cross-browser compatibility and performance optimisation,
- An understanding of front-end technologies and limitations from a design perspective, and
- A good understanding of SEO principles.
For more information in regards to the role please feel free to review the job description.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm 22nd August 2014