On this page you'll find information about:
Why should you join our team?
Start working for the consumer. Work for CHOICE.
- An ethical workplace
- A rewarding mission
- Fair salaries and conditions
- Community focused
CHOICE is the number one advocate of consumer rights in Australia. We exist to unlock the power of consumers and our vision is for Australians to be the most savvy and active consumers in the world.
Our members receive independent and expert advice on the products and services they encounter ever day, while the community at large benefits from vocal and active campaigns that champion consumer rights.
Employment with CHOICE means more than working for Australia's leading consumer champion; working for CHOICE means improving people's lives every day. Along with working for a great cause, CHOICE offers staff a comprehensive benefits program:
Our organisational structure
CHOICE's organisational structure comprises six key departments:
- Campaigns & Communications
- Marketing & Customer Experience
- Finance & Commercial
- Digital Innovation
- Content & Delivery
- People & Culture
Each of these areas is represented within CHOICE's senior management team, which is comprised of the CEO and senior managers.
Our leaders are responsible for delivering our strategic objectives, championing change, sharing best practice and role-modelling our organisational values.
Our organisational chart demonstrates the breadth of roles available and potential career paths.
Our organisational values reflect the behaviours and attitudes we expect our staff to live by at CHOICE.
The organisational values are set out below.
Working for CHOICE
CHOICE is seeking talented, motivated and ethical individuals who are interested in making a positive difference for the community by putting the interests of consumers first. If you feel you've got what it takes and want to join our friendly, stimulating and rewarding workplace in Marrickville, browse the current vacancies listed below.
How to Apply
For a current vacancy: send your application to Lee Boztepe, People & Culture (firstname.lastname@example.org - if you are unable to activate by clicking on the link, copy and paste the address into your email) quoting the Job Title in the subject line. Your application should include your resume and a cover letter providing full details of your work experience, your skills, salary expectation and why you are the best person for the job.
For future vacancies or work experience: send your résumé and a cover letter outlining your area(s) of interest/specialty, your previous work experience, and why you'd like to join us at CHOICE to Lee Boztepe, People & Culture (email@example.com - if you are unable to activate by clicking on the link, copy and paste the address into your email). We'll be in touch should a suitable vacancy arise.
Stay connected with CHOICE on social media where we also promote our vacancies.
Journalist - News Investigation
- This position is full-time over a 6 month fixed term contract.
- Salary range $50,000 to $60,000 package (inclusive of superannuation) based on experience.
This role is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced journalist who has a strong track record in a wide variety of journalism styles from news, opinion, features to investigations. We're looking for a candidate who has a proven track record with a knack for deep and disciplined research and a talent for taking diverse and complicated material and turning it into clear, tight and compelling consumer stories.
The successful applicant will be required to research and write consumer news and in-depth investigations for all platforms at CHOICE including online, print and, when required, video.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Generating strong story ideas that will have impact on CHOICE readers as well as the general media.
- Developing and maintaining a wide network of contacts in order to break new stories and have a pool of experts to draw on.
- Researching and writing consumer-related news, features and investigations across a broad range of consumer related topics (our team covers topics as diverse as food and health to shopping, money and much more) for a variety of platforms and in different writing style.
- Working closely with other departments such as media, campaigns and marketing to leverage your content in the market.
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum 3 years experience as an online journalist.
- The ability to tell an engaging and compelling story that is still accessible to readers – even if the source material is complex.
- Interest in consumer affairs journalism.
- Demonstrated research and analysis skills.
- Solid experience working in the digital environment including using a CMS, a good understanding of SEO and experience with reporting tools such as Google Analytics.
- Social media smarts across a variety of social platforms.
- A sense of humour and enthusiasm for telling the stories that need to be told to empower and educate Aussie consumers.
- Previous experience in consumer affairs
- An understanding of consumer law
- Experience with video (scriptwriting, editing, presenting)
For more information view the Job Description
If you meet the role criteria and are keen to join the CHOICE team please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday, 18th February 2015