On this page you'll find information about:
Why should you join our team?
Start working for the consumer. Work for CHOICE.
- An ethical workplace
- A rewarding mission
- Fair salaries and conditions
- Community focused
CHOICE is the number one advocate of consumer rights in Australia. We exist to unlock the power of consumers and our vision is for Australians to be the most savvy and active consumers in the world.
Our members receive independent and expert advice on the products and services they encounter ever day, while the community at large benefits from vocal and active campaigns that champion consumer rights.
Employment with CHOICE means more than working for Australia's leading consumer champion; working for CHOICE means improving people's lives every day. Along with working for a great cause, CHOICE offers staff a comprehensive benefits program:
Our organisational structure
CHOICE’s organisational structure comprises six key departments:
- Campaigns & Communications
- Marketing & Member Services
- Finance & Commercial
- Content & Delivery
- People & Culture
Each of these areas is represented within CHOICE’s senior management team, which is comprised of the CEO and senior managers.
Our leaders are responsible for delivering our strategic objectives, championing change, sharing best practice and role-modelling our organisational values.
Our organisational chart demonstrates the breadth of roles available and potential career paths.
Our organisational values reflect the behaviours and attitudes we expect our staff to live by at CHOICE.
The organisational values are set out below.
Working for CHOICE
CHOICE is seeking talented, motivated and ethical individuals who are interested in making a positive difference for the community by putting the interests of consumers first. If you feel you’ve got what it takes and want to join our friendly, stimulating and rewarding workplace in Marrickville, browse the current vacancies listed below.
How to Apply
For a current vacancy: send your application to Lee Boztepe, People & Culture (firstname.lastname@example.org - if you are unable to activate by clicking on the link, copy and paste the address into your email) quoting the Job Title in the subject line. Your application should include your resume and a cover letter providing full details of your work experience, your skills, salary expectation and why you are the best person for the job.
For future vacancies or work experience: send your résumé and a cover letter outlining your area(s) of interest/specialty, your previous work experience, and why you'd like to join us at CHOICE to Lee Boztepe, People & Culture (email@example.com - if you are unable to activate by clicking on the link, copy and paste the address into your email). We'll be in touch should a suitable vacancy arise.
Stay connected with CHOICE on social media where we also promote our vacancies.
Coordinating, supporting, and reporting on communications activities across CHOICE including:
- Media scheduling, monitoring, reporting and analysis,
- Handling proactive and reactive media issues,
- Writing, producing, and managing media materials including media releases, web content, social content, presentations and internal newsletters,
- Media liaison across print, TV, radio, social and online, including handling media inquiries and occasional spokesperson duties,
- Coordination of internal communications,
- Managing schedules, meeting agendas and electronic databases, and
- Providing support to the organisation and delivery of external-facing events.
You will have a minimum 4 years experience working in corporate communications and/or news media (print, online, TV or radio) and demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Professional writing and editing experience including writing for the web and social media,
- A pro-active, confident and articulate approach,
- Ability to work to tight deadlines,
- Cool under pressure and ability to juggle and prioritise,
- Forward planning and project management skills,
- Strong organisation and document administration skills,
- Experience in media monitoring reporting software and the Microsoft Word suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and
- Degree or Diploma qualification in communications, journalism or public relations.
For more information in regards to the role please feel free to review the job description.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 23rd July, 2014