On this page you'll find information about:
Why should you join our team?
Start working for the consumer. Work for CHOICE.
- An ethical workplace
- A rewarding mission
- Fair salaries and conditions
- Community focused
CHOICE is the number one advocate of consumer rights in Australia. We exist to unlock the power of consumers and our vision is for Australians to be the most savvy and active consumers in the world.
Our members receive independent and expert advice on the products and services they encounter ever day, while the community at large benefits from vocal and active campaigns that champion consumer rights.
Employment with CHOICE means more than working for Australia's leading consumer champion; working for CHOICE means improving people's lives every day. Along with working for a great cause, CHOICE offers staff a comprehensive benefits program:
Our organisational structure
CHOICE’s organisational structure comprises six key departments:
- Campaigns & Communications
- Marketing & Member Services
- Finance & Commercial
- Content & Delivery
- People & Purpose
Each of these areas is represented within CHOICE’s senior management team, which is comprised of the CEO and senior managers.
Our leaders are responsible for delivering our strategic objectives, championing change, sharing best practice and role-modelling our organisational values.
Our organisational chart demonstrates the breadth of roles available and potential career paths.
Our organisational values reflect the behaviours and attitudes we expect our staff to live by at CHOICE.
The organisational values are set out below.
Working for CHOICE
CHOICE is seeking talented, motivated and ethical individuals who are interested in making a positive difference for the community by putting the interests of consumers first. If you feel you’ve got what it takes and want to join our friendly, stimulating and rewarding workplace in Marrickville, browse the current vacancies listed below.
How to Apply
For a current vacancy: send your application to Jessica Hill, Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting the Job Title in the subject line. Your application should include your resume and a cover letter providing full details of your work experience, your skills, salary expectation and why you are the best person for the job.
For future vacancies or work experience: send your résumé and a cover letter outlining your area(s) of interest/specialty, your previous work experience, and why you'd like to join us at CHOICE to Jessica Hill, Human Resources (email@example.com). We'll be in touch should a suitable vacancy arise.
Stay connected with CHOICE on social media where we also promote our vacancies.
Social Media Specialist
- 30,000 strong and growing social community
- $65-$70K package (inclusive of Superannuation)
Through social channels we seek to inspire and engage consumers, providing unbiased information and advice, gaining insights and driving campaign actions to create positive change.
The successful applicant will integrate and enable social media activity across CHOICE, including:
- Build CHOICE's social communities
- Deliver CHOICE's social media strategy
- Help drive the development of a 'social' culture within CHOICE
- Develop CHOICE communities to support the content, campaigns, marketing and media strategies
- Monitor and report on activities across CHOICE's social communities
The successful applicant will have:
- An in-depth understanding of social media management
- Professional writing and editing experience for the web
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active, confident and articulate approach
- A strong background in social media management with a consumer facing organisation (desirable)
For more information view the job description for this role.
Closing date: Friday 25th April 2014