Enova has just over 8,000 customers in New South Wales and SE Queensland, or 0.09% of Australia's retail energy customers. The company claims to be actively working to combat climate change, while helping its customers and local community.
Enova Energy was established in 2015 and is a publicly owned company operating out of offices in Byron Bay. At present the company operates throughout regional New South Wales and SE Queensland, but has plans to expand to major cities and interstate in the near future.
The company is not carbon neutral, but does offer carbon offsets alongside GreenPower, and is working towards offering customers 100% renewable community-generated power by the end of 2020.
Contact information for Enova Energy
02 5622 1700
- 50% of the power supplied to Enova Energy customers is generated by rooftop solar panels owned by 60% of its customers.
- The remaining supply is currently sourced from the National Electricity Market, but plans are in place for the product to be generated from 100% renewable, community-owned sources by the end of 2020.
- Enova Energy has a strong public opposition to investing in fossil fuels, and does not have contracts with fossil fuel power stations.
- While the company is not carbon neutral, it does offer carbon offsets as well as GreenPower.
- Enova claims to be the only power company that is also a social enterprise, and 50% of profits are reinvested into the company's not-for-profit arm for community-focused initiatives.
- 82 (1.0%) of Enova Energy's customers made complaints against the company in 2019/20, according to data from the Australian Energy Regulator.
- 77% of customer service calls made to Enova in 2019/20 were answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time for a call was only 43 seconds.
- 8% of all calls made to the company were abandoned before being answered.