On 21 June 2022 Enova Energy was placed into voluntary administration.
Customers have been advised that their electricity will not be disconnected and they will be transferred automatically to a new retailer. After the transfer, Enova customers can expect to be contacted by their new retailer to arrange payment arrangements moving forward.
Stock images: Getty unless otherwise stated.
Enova Energy was established in 2015 and is a publicly owned company operating out of offices in Byron Bay. At present the company operates throughout New South Wales and SE Queensland, but has plans to expand to major cities and interstate in the near future.
The company achieved it's goal of offering customers 100% renewable community-generated power by the end of 2020. Energy is sourced from solar, biogas, wind and rooftop solar. Some is also sourced from Diamond Energy, another green energy provider. Enova is one of two Australian retailers in our survey to earn 10 out of 10 stars in the Green Electricity Guide.
Contact information for Enova Energy
02 5622 1700
Enova is one of three energy retailers to earn a CHOICE recommendation.
- Enova is one of two retailers to score 10 out of 10 stars in our 2020-21 survey.
- It has a strong public opposition to investing in fossil fuels, and does not have contracts with fossil fuel power stations.
- It sources electricity via customer distributed solar panels.
- While the company is not carbon neutral, it does offer GreenPower.
- Enova is also a social enterprise which gives half of their profits (after tax and reinvestment) back to the community via energy efficiency, education and community projects.
- 99 (1.0%) of Enova Energy's customers made complaints against the company in 2020-21, according to data from the Australian Energy Regulator.
- 73% of customer service calls made to Enova in 2020-21 were answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time for a call was 75 seconds.
- 7.8% of all calls made to the company were abandoned before being answered.