Back to basics
One of the first parts of this process was a complete rethink of the way we present our data. Based on your feedback, and external research, we created a working prototype of how the new tool will work.
We also got some members and non-members to tell us what they think of the prototype.
They went through a sequence of tasks, to make sure they could filter and sort the test results to get to what they needed. We then asked them to do a side-by-side product comparison - another feature you identified as crucial.
Our testers found the prototype comparison tool made it much easier to sort and filter products. So we know we’re on the right track.
The nitty gritty
Why we did the testing:
- to make sure the new prototype is easy to use
- to make sure we've fixed the issues you reported with the current comparison table
- to identify any other issues with the prototype before moving on to developing the tool
The important details
To conduct the testing we brought a group of CHOICE members and non-members into our offices. We asked each participant to do a sequence of tasks on their own using our current comparison table, and our new comparison tool prototype.
The tasks focused on how easy it was to:
- filter and sort information
- compare information
- understand what the test results mean
What we found:
- The testers completed the tasks on our new prototype to a high degree of satisfaction.
- They also identified the same issues on our current tables that you've already raised.
1. We’re refining the prototype based on that user feedback.
2. Project planning – we're plotting out the next few months of design, development and content management.
Stay tuned for more updates on our progress!
Got a question? Ask the product manager