Managed funds are just that – you invest your money for a period of time (usually five to seven years), and it’s managed for you by the fund manager who runs the fund.
Based on the type of fund you choose (for example: shares, property and/or cash), the fund manager decides which assets to invest in.
Learn about managed funds
- The different types of managed funds.
- What type of fund is likely to suit you.
- The different sectors in which managed funds invest.
- Fees and charges associated with most funds.
- What you should ask before investing your money.
How are CHOICE tests different? We buy all the products we test – we don’t accept industry freebies and we don’t take ads. We're non-profit and our work is funded by people like you.
Please note: this information was current as of February 2007 but is still a useful guide to today's market.