Risky home loans - what to avoid

We expose the traps of new types of loans, including 40-year mortgages and no-deposit home loans.
Learn more
  • Updated:5 Jan 2006

06.More information

If you need advice about home loans or have a dispute with your bank consider talking to a financial counsellor:

  • ACT Care Inc. Financial Counselling Service, Ph: 02 6257 1788, www.carefcs.org
  • NSW Consumer Credit Legal Centre, Ph: 1800 808 488, www.cclcnsw.org.au
  • VIC Consumer Action Law Centre, Ph: 03 9629 6300 or 1300 881 020, www.consumeraction.org.au
  • WA Consumer Credit Legal Service, Ph: 08 9221 7066

Other places to help with disputes are:


Sign up to our free

Receive FREE email updates of our latest tests, consumer news and CHOICE marketing promotions.