We review stainless steel saucepans with a 20cm diameter, ranging in volume from 2.9L to 3.9L.
In our tests, we reveal which saucepans are:
Best for heat distribution
- Best for sticking performance
- Easy to use
On this page, we look at:
CHOICE's experts independently test a wide range of products and services to bring you unbiased reviews, product comparison tools and buying advice that is trusted by 160,000+ members.
Get access to all
*Billed quarterly as $23.95
- Arcosteel Inspire 3.6L Saucepan
- Baccarat Capri Stainless Steel Saucepan 20cm
- Essteele Per Vita
- Jamie Oliver Keep it Simple 20cm Saucepan with Glass Lid
- Le Creuset 20cm 3-ply Stainless Steel Saucepan
- Raco Contemporary
- Scanpan Coppernox 20cm Saucepan
- Scanpan Impact 20cm Saucepan
- Tefal Heritage Saucepan 20cm
- Wiltshire Essential 20cm Stainless Steel Saucepan with Lid
Our home economist, Fiona Mair, assesses each saucepan by cooking white sauce and scrambled eggs:
- The white sauce test assesses the evenness of heating, checking it for brown spots and adherence to the surface.
- The scrambled eggs test reveals which saucepans have any “sticking issues”.
Fiona also examines how hot the handles and lid knobs become during cooking and how securely the handles are attached.
Ease of use Fiona assesses how comfortable the saucepans are to hold and pour from without dripping, taking into consideration the weight, balance, handle and rim. She also checks for condensation build-up during cooking (stem vents, splattering and rattling lids). Following the performance tests, she also assesses how much effort is required to clean the saucepans.
For more information on Utensils, see Kitchen.
Get access to our independent testing reports and save yourself time and money.