08.For people with a disability
Depending on the disability, the following features are worth looking for when shopping for a heater:
- All text and symbols should be clear, simple and easy to see and read.
- Labels should be large.
- All dials should be easy and simple to operate, possibly with a large crossbar that’s easy to grip.
- It should be easy to operate the heater with one hand.
- You shouldn’t have to lift larger heaters to move them — look for wheels.
- The heater shouldn’t have any sharp edges.