Test results for 10 grass trimmers (petrol and cordless)
We tested them for:
- Horizontal trimming along fences and walls, and trimming areas of lawn.
- Vertical trimming (edging) along edges of paths and garden borders.
- Cutting long grass.
- Ease of use.
See our latest article on Electric lawnmowers.
For more information on all Lawnmowers, see Backyard.
Please note: this information was current as of August 2006 but is still a useful guide to today's market.
- The petrol models all performed well and are the best option for large yards. One model stood out as the best.
- The cordless (battery) models are much less powerful than the petrol models, but two were effective enough to suit small gardens.
- GMC GLT25
- GREEN MACHINE GM254CLT
- HUSQVARNA 24C
- RYOBI PLT-3043YW
- TROY-BILT TB25CS
- STIHL FS 38
- BLACK & DECKER FireStorm NST 2018-XE
- ENVIROMOWER Envirotrimmer LT250
- OZITO CLT-400
- RYOBI CLT-1223