01.Watermelon with kaffir lime syrup
1 cup water
1 cup castor sugar
5 kaffir lime leaves, crushed
½ large watermelon, skin removed, sliced 1 cm thick
3 kaffir lime leaves extra, sliced very finely
- In a medium saucepan add water, sugar and kaffir lime leaves.
- Heat gently stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil without stirring, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until a syrup is formed.
- Remove kaffir lime leaves and allow to cool.
- Place chilled watermelon on a large serving plate, pour over syrup and sprinkle with extra kaffir lime leaves.
- A very refreshing dessert on a hot summers day.
- The syrup can also be used to make a refreshing drink. Just add lemon juice, crushed ice and soda water. See lemon grass /kaffir lime lemonade recipe.
- Any left over syrup can be stored in the fridge for later use or frozen.