• Slice the cake across to make a sandwich using a serrated knife.
• Place the bottom half of cake on a cake rack over a plate.
• Whip cream and sugar together, add the pulp of 2 passion fruits, mix well and place onto the bottom layer of the sponge.
• Place the top of the sponge cake on the cream.
• Sift the icing sugar into a heatproof bowl, make a well. Place the butter in the centre and pour over the hot water and pulp from 2 passion fruits
• Firstly mix the butter, water and pulp together and then gradually mix in the icing until a smooth paste is formed.
• Fill enough hot water in a large bowl or the sink so the icing sugar bowl can sit in.
• Stir the icing sugar mixture until it becomes runny.
• Pour over the top of the cake and allow the icing sugar to cover the top of the sponge and run down the sides.
• Place in the refrigerator until icing is set approximately 30 minutes
A layer of jam can be spread over the bottom half of the cake before the cream