01.Chicken corn and brussel sprout soup
1 tab olive oil
1 tab butter
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
10 large brussel sprouts, halved
300g turkey or chicken, (wings or thigh fillets sliced thinly)
750-1000 mls turkey or chicken stock
3 corn cobs, remove kernals
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Fry onion and garlic for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add brussel sprouts cook for 3 minutes.
- Add turkey or chicken cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Pour in stock and corn, cook for a further 5 minutes.
Use fresh corn, as you want the corn kernels to be crunchy .
Try and keep the brussel sprouts firm.
Best with turkey stock.