- Preheat oven 200°C (fan forced) 220°C (conventional).
- Wash potatoes, place potato lengthwise onto board, cut ½ mm off both long sides (see picture below), then cut in half the same way, dry thoroughly.
- Pour oil into baking tray.
- Coat each potato in oil and arrange potatoes skin side down and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 30 - 40mins or until golden.
Use Desiree, Nadine, Colban and Serbago potatoes
A few garlic cloves, skin on and 1 tab of rosemary can be combined with potatoes, oil and salt before cooking.
If peeling the potatoes to get a crisp baked potato the potato needs to be completely dry.
Potatoes can be partially cooked in the microwave and then baked in the oven to speed up cooking time.