• Combine chillies, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and paprika and salt in a bowl and mix well.
• Coat chicken with the marinade and rub under the skin. Cover and marinate at least 2 hours, best left in fridge overnight.
• Remove the chicken from the marinade and reserve the marinade for basting during cooking.
• Preheat barbecue to medium low temperature. Place chicken on grill, breast side down. Turn chicken and baste regularly (Close the hood on the barbecue or cover with a baking tray).
• Cook for approximately 25 – 30 minutes or until cooked through.
• To check if chicken is cooked insert a knife near the bone, if juice runs clear chicken is cooked.
• Cut cooked chicken into pieces and serve with wedges of lemon or lime.
Chicken can be cooked in the oven. Place chicken breast side down on a rack over a baking dish with water.
Cook chicken on 220°C for 25 – 30 minutes, turn chicken over half way and baste with the reserved marinade.