2 tablespoons olive oil
1 kg thigh fillets, chopped
2 onions, finely diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 baby eggplant, chopped
1 440g can diced tomatoes
1 cup water
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan on a medium heat.
2. Add chicken, cook for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
3. Add onions and garlic cook gently until soft.
4. Add cinnamon and tomato paste, cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and eggplant.
6. Return the chicken to saucepan.
7. Add diced tomatoes and water.
8. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for 30-40 minutes.
9. Season to taste.
Serve with pasta and parmesan cheese.
Great recipe for slow cookers. Use chicken pieces on the bone and 2 cinnamon quills instead of cinnamon powder. Cook on High for 4 hours, eliminate the water.