01.How to Cook a Soft Boiled Egg
2 eggs (room temperature)
Salt and pepper
- Gently place eggs into a small saucepan of lukewarm water.
- Heat on a high heat until water starts to boil, reduce heat to medium low.
- Start timing once water has boiled. Allow eggs to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from water and place in an egg cup and slice off top.
- Serve with strips of toast and salt and pepper.
- If egg is refrigerated place in cold water (not lukewarm water) and increase cooking time to 5 minutes.
- Boiled eggs can keep in the refrigerator unpeeled for a few days. Don’t forget to mark the egg as boiled.