CLAIROL Nice 'n Easy Golden Romance Collection
Just under half the trialists thought their hair was "very soft" after dyeing it, but seven commented that the smell of the product was fairly unpleasant.
- "Grey coverage is excellent and after three weeks I have no sign of grey."
- "Colour on the box is misleading - darker than expected but liked it."
- "My hair was soft. The conditioner that came with the dye was very good."
L'ORÉAL Paris Excellence Creme
Half of the trialists said their hair was "very soft" after dyeing it and most found it very easy to apply.
- "A little bit streaky - some parts of hair near the roots were not quite covered."
- "No splatters or drips."
- "Good all-rounder. Nothing startling though."
SCHWARZKOPF Live Salon
Over half the trialists rated their hair as "very smooth" after using the product.
- "[After three weeks] the grey area is starting to lighten a bit, but quite good results as I shampoo my hair daily."
- Easy to use, hard to stuff up, great finish."
What about the rest?
- Three weeks after applying GARNIER Nutrisse, five out of 13 trialists said their hair was fairly dull and six found the colour didn't cover greys for the three-week period.
- Only half of the 12 trialists using SCHWARZKOPF RevitalColor thought it was very effective at covering grey hair.
- Six out of 13 trialists thought L'ORÉAL Paris Superior Preference was fairly messy to apply, but eight found it very effective at covering greys. Over half said the product's smell was unpleasant.
- ATLANTIS HAIR Watercolour may be kinder to your hair, but it was the equal lowest-scoring hair dye, with only five out of 14 trialists saying it had very effective grey coverage. Half said that their hair looked dull after three weeks.
- Five out of the 11 trialists said DECORÉ didn't continue to cover greys for the three-week period, while two reported it didn't cover them from the start.