11.Phone plan database
Are you on the cheapest call plan for your usage? Phonechoice has a database that contains hundreds of call plans. Check whether any of them offers cheaper call costs than your current plan. To do that, you’ll need a recent typical mobile bill - and do a bit of homework.
Work out for each call on the bill which of the following categories it falls into:
- Local (up to 165 km from where you’re calling; peak/off-peak).
- Long-distance (peak/off-peak).
- Mobile-to-mobile (same network; peak/off-peak).
- Mobile-to-mobile (different network; peak/off-peak).
- Check how many voicemails you deposited and retrieved.
- Check how many SMS you sent.
- Then click on the link to the call counter, which allows you to easily add up the number of calls and total call time in each call category.
- Enter all the information into the calculator as required.
- Also select whether you’re after a plan for personal or business use, whether you need a new phone, and the network you're interested in.
The results page will give you a list of plans ranked in order of call costs, with the cheapest on top. The table contains some basic call cost information for the plans. If you want to check out the terms and conditions of a particular plan, click on the plan name and the details will pop up in a new window.
If the plan has any handsets attached to it, you can find them by scrolling to the bottom of the new window. We may have test results for the model you're interested in. Check out our article on GSM and 3G phones.