Test results for 10 tiny laptops priced from $350 to $1300
Choosing a laptop computer often involves compromise. Never more so than in the small and cheap category. It’s the holy grail of laptop computing – a device small enough that you want to carry it with you everywhere, but with all the features you need and at a price that won’t break the bank. We took 10 top tiny notebooks and put them through their paces to see how they compare.
For more information, see Computers & accessories.
CHOICE's experts independently test a wide range of products and services to bring you unbiased reviews, product comparison tools and buying advice that is trusted by 160,000+ members.
Get access to all
*Billed quarterly as $23.95
- Acer Aspire One D255-2DQkk
- Apple MacBook Air 11 inch
- Asus Eee PC R105
- Dell Inspiron Mini 1018
- Fujitsu LifeBook SH530
- HP Mini 210
- MSI Wind U135 DX
- Pioneer Computers DreamBook Lite M11
- Sony VAIO VPCS135FG
- Toshiba AC100
- Small laptops can cope with most general computing tasks.
- Netbooks are still the cheapest mobile laptops.
- Lack of power and ports is the tradeoff for being small and light.
Get access to our independent testing reports and save yourself time and money.