Test results for 12 budget laser printers priced from $152 to $306
We tested laser printers that print in black and white (monochrome) for:
- ease of use
- ink consumption
- print quality — this was assessed by a viewing panel that considered how well the printers could reproduce both text and graphics.
See our lastest article on multifuction printers.
Please note: this information was current as of August 2007 but is still a useful guide to today's market.
Home office printing has become so popular that many people are choosing to buy their own laser printer. And, as the price comes down and the quality improves, a laser printer is a good choice for small-scale print runs.
- Laser printers are a good choice for home printing.
- The running cost is an important consideration.
- Most brands offer some information about toner cartridge recycling.
- Brother HL-2040
- Brother HL-2070N
- Canon Laser Shot LBP-3000
- Canon Laser Shot LBP-3200
- Epson EPL-6200L
- HP LaserJet 1020
- HP LaserJet 1022
- Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W
- Lexmark E250d
- Lexmark E120n
- Samsung ML-2010
- Samsung ML-2571N