Test results for 22 baby change tables, priced from $59 to $999
Babies need their nappies changed several times a day, and a good change table can make the job much easier. A stable, level surface at the right height – plus shelves or drawers for storing nappies, wipes and other odds and ends – saves time and effort (and your back).
Three main types of change tables are available:
- Wooden tables with two or three tiers or drawers
- Portable folding tables with a metal frame and fabric body
- Tables that include a baby bath under the change surface
CHOICE assessed the change tables for stability, strength of construction and safety, including checking for sharp edges, potential finger and limb traps, and how good they are at preventing a baby rolling or sliding from the change surface.
For more articles on Nursery furniture, see Babies and kids.
Newly tested models:
- Babyhood Sleigh
- Boori Classic
- Cheeky Bub Rascal
- Childcare Palma XT
- Grotime T29 Duke
- IKEA Gulliver
- Infa Secure Axcess
- Love N Care Convenient
- Mother's Choice Bellevue
- Mother's Choice Liberty
- Tasman Eco Europa
- Touchwood Standard
Previously tested models:
- Bertini Renaissance
- Boori 3 Tier #
- Childcare Deluxe #
- Humphrey's Corner Chest of Drawers
- IKEA Sniglar
- Infa Duo Genius #
- Love N Care Deluxe Omega
- Stokke Sleepi Care
- Swallow Jessie
- Valco Baby Pax Plus
How we test
- Stability Our tester applies about 20kg of downward force to the edge of the table to see if it tilts or tips over. All the tables passed this test.
- Strength of construction He puts a 50kg mass in the centre of the changing surface for 60 seconds and checks for any damage to the table. All the tables passed this test.
- Roll-off protection This tests whether the table will prevent a baby rolling or sliding from the change surface. The table is tilted sideways at 15° and a 15kg test cylinder is placed at the upper edge of the changing surface and released. If it rolls off the bottom edge, the table fails. All the tables passed this test.
- Sharp edges and protrusions Any edges or points that could injure a child on the table are noted.
- Finger and limb traps Any gaps or holes that could trap a small finger or limb are tested with a set of special probes.
CHOICE independence guaranteed
These independent ratings are only available through membership with CHOICE Online because no one test products like we do. Arm yourself with our unique and exclusive information and make your next purchase with confidence.
CHOICE's experts independently test a wide range of products and services to bring you unbiased reviews, product comparison tools and buying advice that is trusted by 140,000+ members.
Get access to all
Get access to our independent testing reports and save yourself time and money.