Video: 2009 Shonky Awards Show
Highlights from the 2009 Shonky Awards Show.
Alas, despite their best efforts, neither made the cut this time
around. A disappointed Telstra even partially reneged on its $2.20
charge – why put up with all the negative press when there’s no shiny
Shonky at the end of it? And riding high on our success in convincing
the Big Four banks to reduce unfair penalty fees, we’ve even decided to
give their Royal Shonkynesses a break this year. Mostly, anyway.
So, without any further ado, the envelopes please...
The CHOICE Shonky for:
- Plugging Stuff and Nonsense goes to Reegen Micro-Plug
- Cheese-Fearing Surrender Monkey goes to Tiffany FP807 Food processor
- Water at What Price? goes to Chef’s Cupboard and Massel liquid stocks
- Honey (Oat crisp), I shrunk the groceries goes to Uncle Toby Oat Crisp Honey cereal
- Blinding us with dodgy science goes to L’Oréal Elvive
- Profit Protection Insurance goes to the Credit protection insurance industry
- Sky high surcharges goes to Qantas and Tiger Airways
- Teleconfusication goes to Tel.pacific phone cards