02.Terms and conditions
CHOICE Expose a Shonky Member Competition
Company: CHOICE – 57 Carrington Road Marrickville NSW 2204
Commences: Wednesday 11 July 2012 at 9am
Concludes: Sunday 19 August 2012 at 11.59pm (5 Week Promotion)
Total Estimated Promotion Value - $ 1230
Total Number of Possible Promotion Prizes – 1
- Information on how to enter the CHOICE Expose a Shonky Member Promotion form part of these conditions of entry.
- By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions of entry.
- The promoter is CHOICE (“Promoter”), 57 Carrington Road, Marrickville, NSW, 2204, ABN 72 000 281 925 and ACN 000 281 925.
- The Promotion commences at Wednesday 11 July 2012 at 9am and entries close Sunday 19 August 2012 at 11.59pm (“Promotional Period”).
- Entry is only open to Australian residents only.
How to Enter
- To enter this Promotion, entrants must nominate their Shonky Award nominee on the competition page located at www.choice.com.au/expose-a-shonky
- When submitting their Shonky Awards nomination, entrants agree to these terms and conditions and agree to a CHOICE staff member getting in contact with them if further clarification about the nomination is required.
- Employees of the Promoter, Board members and such Employees’ immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify, at any time during or after the closing of the Promotion, the validity of all entries and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries or tampers with the entry process or uses any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter the Promotion repeatedly.
- Entrants must notify the Promoter in writing of any changes of email address, residential address or phone number.
- Winners, who cannot be reached at the email address, address or phone number provided on their entry will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to: a) verify the validity of entries and entrants including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence; and/or b) disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is, in its reasonable opinion, not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
Draws and Prizes
- All draws will take place at the premises of the Promoter being 57 Carrington Rd, Marrickville, NSW 2204 at 11.00am on 22 August 2012.
- One major winner will receive a prize pack valued at $1,230 including:
- Kenwood – kMix Boutique 2 Slice Toaster Yellow valued at $105.00
- Kenwood – kMix Boutique Bench Blender Yellow valued at $180.00
- Kenwood – kMix Boutique Hand Mixer Yellow valued at $114.00
- Kenwood – kMix Boutique Kettle Yellow valued at $97.00
- Kenwood – kMix Boutique Stand Mixer Yellow valued at $571.00
- Kenwood – kMix Boutique Triblade Hand Stick Blender Yellow valued at $163.00
- Kenwood kMix Boutique products have been tested by CHOICE and are recommended in their category except for the Kenwood – kMix Boutique 2 Slice Toaster and Kenwood – kMix Boutique Kettle as these products were not available at the time of testing toasters or kettles.
- The prize values are correct at time of printing and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any subsequent variation in the prize value.
- If the prizes are unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal value or specification. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
- Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants.
- Winners will be notified by mail and winners’ names will be published online at www.choice.com.au on 24/08/2012. Only winners will receive written notification.
- Another draw may be conducted at the same place as the original draw to distribute the prize if after 3 months it remains unclaimed. This draw will take place at 2pm 22/11/2012, and subsequent winner/s will have their names published online at www.choice.com.au.
Personal Information and Privacy
- The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, send electronic messages or telephone the entrant.
- The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Entrants can request access, provide updates, opt-out or correct their personal information by contacting CHOICE in writing at 57 Carrington Road, Marrickville, NSW, 2204, or via email at email@example.com.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, and any of its partners, contractors, agents or related body corporates (including any directors, officers, and employees thereof), will not be liable for any loss, personal injury or damage whatsoever (including direct or consequential loss), whether as a result of participation in this Promotion, the Promoter’s negligence or otherwise.
- The winner of the Promotion will participate in the Promotion at their own risk. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at any time if an entrant does not sign waivers or other documents provided by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, for any reason whatsoever, without liability subject to written directions from State Regulatory bodies.