01.Welding Industries of Australia WIA 190 WELDMATIC recall
- WIA 190
- Part number complete package CP131-0
- Part number power supply only CP131-2
- Portable GMAW (MIG) welding equipment, for welding steel, aluminium, stainless steel, with gas shielded wire or flux cored gasless wire.
- Single phase 240V max output 190A 23.5V
- Class1 appliance
- Serial Number: C1312A1110XXX to C1312A0411XXX
- Some of C1312A0611XXX
- Some of C1312A0711XXX
What are the hazards?
Under certain circumstances, the metal case could become electrically live, posing a risk of electric shock.
What are the defects?
Due to a manufacturing assembly process error, side ventilation louvres could pierce wires from the welding transformer.
Dates available for sale
1st February 2011 - 8th September 2011
Where the product was sold
Nationally through Welding Industries of Australia
What should consumers do?
Stop using the welding machine. Contact WIA at 1300 300 884 to confirm serial numbers and arrange inspection and repair at no cost to the customer.
Information sourced from Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC)
Product safety recalls