01.Kawasaki Motorcycle Recall - August 22, 2011
- EJ800ABF - 2011 W800
KLX450ABF - 2011 KLX450R
- KL250JBF - 2011 STOCKMAN
- KX450EBF - 2011 KX450F
- KX250YBF - 2011 KX250F
- KX85BBF - 2011 KX85 II
Imported between January 2011 and May 2011.
- Campaign number: DAD521A
- Target number: 253
- KL250JBF - JKAKLMJ1#BA015135 to JKAKLMJ1#BA015174
- KLX450ABF - JKALXGA1#BA015352 to JKALXGA1#BA015399
- EJ800ABF - JKBEJCA1#BA000528 to JKBEJCA1#BA002015
- KX85BBF - JKBKXFBC#BA030602 to JKBKXFBC#BA030611
- KX250YBF - JKAKXMYC#BA008679 to JKAKXMYC#BA009002
- KX450EBF - JKAKXGEC#BA023992 to JKAKXGEC#BA024108
What are the hazards?
A damaged tube will cause air to escape, resulting in a flat tyre, which may create the potential for an accident.
What are the defects?
The tyre rube may be damaged by being pinched betweent the tyre and the rim suring the tyre assembly process.
Where the product was sold
Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd
What should consumers do?
Kawasaki will write to owners of affected vehicles. Owners are advised to return the affected vehicles to their authorised Kawasaki dealer who will perform the necessary repairs free of charge.
Information sourced from Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC) Product safety recalls.