- What are these new Digital CHOICE and Digital CHOICE Computer products?
These are the new digital versions of our traditional print magazines, CHOICE and CHOICE Computer. They can be accessed via your Android device, and offer new interactive features and tools to help you get more from your CHOICE experience each month.
- What is Digital CHOICE Plus and Digital CHOICE Computer Plus?
The same as above but also including full, unlimited access to our CHOICE website, which includes premium content, unbiased product reviews and in-depth tests, interactive comparison tools and member benefit services such as Price and Buy.
- What device/devices can I access the Digital CHOICE App from?
The Digital CHOICE magazine and CHOICE Computer magazine App are currently available for Android or iPad tablets. See iPad FAQs here.
- Which versions and devices of Android is the CHOICE digital magazine compatible with?
The Digital CHOICE magazine and CHOICE Computer magazine Apps are compatible with Android tablets that have Large or XLarge screens running OS3.X (Honeycomb) or above.
The digital magazine is NOT compatible with Android Smartphones such as Google Nexus 4 or Samsung Note 2.
- What are your terms and conditions?
- I was unable to download my trial issues and now the free member trial is over.
Unfortunately the free member trial period ended on 30 November 2013 and the trial is now closed.
If you want to access the magazine on an Android device, you will need to become a CHOICE Plus digital member.
- Do I have access to the free member trial editions after the trial period?
Provided you downloaded your editions during the trial period you will always have access to them through your tablet device, as they do not expire.
- I'm a member and want to switch my membership to the digital version. How do I switch?
Switching your membership can be done through our membership switching page.
- I’m a member and have tried to switch my membership from a print to a digital magazine, but was unable to do so on the CHOICE website.
Switching your membership can be done through our membership switching page. You’ll need to have a CHOICE login email address and password, and your CHOICE membership must be current.
If you do not have all these details or still require assistance, please contact the CHOICE Member Services team on 1800 069 552 during normal business hours (AEST).
- If I switch my membership to the digital app version, do I still receive the print versions of CHOICE or CHOICE Computer magazine?
No. Once you have switched to the digital version of the magazine you’ll no longer receive the print version.
- Can I have both the digital and print version of CHOICE or CHOICE Computer magazine?
If you wish to receive both the digital version and print version of the magazine you’ll need two separate product subscriptions. These can be purchased through the CHOICE membership page.
- If I've switched to the digital magazine but wish to return to receiving a print version, how do I do this?
You can change your membership back to receive the print version of the magazine at any time. Please contact the CHOICE Member Services team on 1800 069 552 during normal business hours (AEST).
- How do I become a CHOICE member?
Simply visit the CHOICE membership page or call our CHOICE Member Services team on 1800 069 552 during business hours (AEST).
- I don’t know my CHOICE membership password.
If you know your CHOICE login email address, you can request a password reset via our sign in page.
If you don’t know your CHOICE login email address or have never logged on to choice.com.au, please contact the CHOICE Member Services team on 1800 069 552 during business hours (AEST) for further help.
- I haven’t downloaded last month’s issue. Can I still download it?
Yes, you can download any issues you have missed as long as you were a CHOICE Digital member during that period.
- I’ve just signed up for a Digital CHOICE product, but can’t see the latest edition in the Google Play store.
If you become a member of Digital CHOICE magazine before 30 November 2013, you will be entitled to August, September, October and November editions.
The free October trial issue should be in-store the week of the 21st October.
If you become a member of Digital CHOICE Computer magazine before 30 November 2013, you will be entitled to Jul/Aug and Sep/Oct editions.
Google Play STORE
- Where will I find the most current issues available, and my most recent downloaded issues?
In the CHOICE Magazine app, tap the Store button. All available issues can be accessed here. To access downloaded issues tap the Library button.
- My issue won’t download.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Make sure you have purchased the issue. Either individually or as part of a subscription.
If these steps don’t allow you to download, see “I am having general problems with my app” below.
- I updated my app and now I don't see my purchases. How do I restore them?
- While in the CHOICE app, click on the wrench icon in top right corner and choose 'Restore All Purchases'
- You will be prompted to confirm you want to restore your previous purchases. Click “Restore”.
Your purchases should now be restored.
- Do the digital editions expire?
No, but you may archive issues for future download if you wish.
- I am having general problems with my app. How do I restart it?
Reinstalling is the best way to restart the app. To reinstall, you will need to uninstall, then install the app from Google Play again.
To uninstall the app follow the instructions from Google here.
Then install using the normal process via the Google Play store. Purchases may need to be restored.
- Will the app run on my Android Smartphone?
No, currently the CHOICE app is only available for Android tablets that have Large or XLarge screens.
- I am having trouble signing into the app.
Current Digital CHOICE magazine subscribers can sign in with their CHOICE username and password. Tap the Android menu on your tablet to sign in.
For most users this will be indicated by three vertical dots in the top right hand corner of their screen.
For some other users this will instead be located on the bottom left of the tablet hardware and may or may not be marked with the menu icon as shown below