01.Setting up right
Congratulations! You’re moving into your first house. But now what? How do you begin to turn those empty rooms into your home?
Download the Guide
Setting up your home for the first time doesn’t have to be a daunting task. We take out some of the risk and guesswork, whether it’s knowing which washing machine has the lowest running cost or choosing the right home and contents insurance policy. We want you to create and enjoy your personal space with peace of mind.
This guide steers you through the essentials of setting up a new home – the things you need to know, room by room, inside and out, that make your home modern, comfortable and low maintenance.
The guide covers topics such as:
- Services & insurance - Knowing your home is effectively powered, networked and insured is essential for peace of mind
- In the kitchen - Fridges, dishwashers and ovens – oh my! What you need to know about the room that will be the heart of your home
- In the laundry - Can you save money over time by buying a more expensive washing machine up-front?
- In the living room - How to watch and record your favourite shows effortlessly, in the comfort of a clean, climate controlled space
- In the study - Enjoy playing around with all your gadgets without getting bogged down by all the technical jargon
- Around the home - What about the stuff on your roof, down the side of your home and in your backyard?